Links and Other Resources
Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Alcohol Focus Scotland - National Alcohol charity, information and advice
- Alcohol Concern - Advice for those effected by alcohol
- Focus on Alcohol in Angus - The Focus on Alcohol website aims to change thinking about drinking in Angus - free information and advice is available.
- My Family and Alcohol - My Family and Alcohol is for parents, wives, husbands, partners, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins - basically any family member who is worried about alcohol in their lives.
Illnesses and Disabilities
- Angus Government - For information on local government services in the Angus area
- NHS Tayside - Website for the NHS in Tayside
- Telecare in Angus - Organised by NHS Tayside and Angus Council, the Telecare Service aims to enable people to return home from hospital earlier, and then keep them safe at home. To find out more about the Telecare service, contact the First Contact Team at Whitehills Health
- Speakability Tayside - a local group helping people with Aphasia - Speakability Tayside is a self-help group run by and for people with Aphasia - they meet in the DCA in Dundee once a month on Friday from 13:30 to 15:30.
Other Carers Organisations
- Royal National Institute for the Blind - Royal National Institute for the Blind
- Royal National Institute for the Deaf - Royal National Institute for the Deaf
- The Multiple Sclerosis Society - The Multiple Sclerosis Society in Scotland
- Mencap - Support and services for people living with learning difficulties in the UK
- British Heart Foundation - Information and advice about Heart Disease
- Huntington's Disease Association - Support for people and families affected by Huntingtons Disease
- CerebralPalsy.org.uk - This website is a useful net-based resource providing info, help, support & advice for those affected by cerebral palsy.
- Macmillan Cancer Support - Information for people with cancer and their carers.
- The Skin Support website - Developed by the British Association of Dermatologists, the aim of the project is to bring together leading experts in the field of psychodermatology with input from patient support groups, to develop a website to support people in psychological distress
- Finding Your Feet - Finding Your Feet offers practical, emotional and financial support for those who have suffered limb loss or loss of limb function. We support individuals and their families, helping people find their feet in life again.
- Cerebral Palsy - We provide vital guidance and assistance to parents of a child with cerebral palsy.
- The Therapy Directory - A useful guide on Occupational Therapy and a UK-wide directory of therapists.
- Headway - the Brain Injury Association - Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury.
- Benefits And Grants Available for People Living With Cancer - a detailed guide to the types of financial help that are available if you have cancer
- CerebralPalsy.org.uk - This website is a useful resource providing info, help, support and advice for those affected by cerebral palsy. We create awareness and campaign for improvement.
- Stairlifts Reviews - The Stairlifts Reviews website provides reviews of the different models from some of the most well-known stairlift manufacturers.
- The Stroke Association - The Stroke Association is a UK charity that provides information and support to people who have been affected by a stroke.
- Speakability Tayside - Speakability Self-Help Groups are run by and for people with Aphasia following stroke or other neurological conditions. The Group meets once a month on a Friday at the DCA in Dundee from 13.30 to 15.30.
- Free loan system for Bugzi powered indoor wheelchairs - We noticed that the MERU charity in the UK runs a free loan system across the UK for powered indoor wheelchairs and thought this would be of interest to carers in Angus.
- Counselling Directory - Counselling Directory provides a huge support network of counsellors, enabling visitors to find a counsellor in their local area appropriate for their needs.
- The Blind Guide - Online resources for People who are Blind or Visually-impaired.
We would be very limited if we did not have the support and commitment of volunteers.
Read more about how you can help here.